When it was teased last week, fans understandably assumed X-Men Black was a new series starring Magneto. After all, Marvel is currently publishing three color-themed X-titles (though X-Men Blue and Gold are nearing their final issues), so the idea that a new team led by the Mutant Master of Magnetism just made sense.
This… was not the case.
At its X-Men panel at San Diego’s Comic-Con International, Marvel revealed that X-Men Black is actually an entire line of one-shot comics, rather than a single series, with each title headlined by a major mutant villain; each issue will feature back up stories focusing on Apocalypse written by Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson.
The line-up for X-Men Black consists of the following titles and creative teams:
- Magneto #1 – Chris Claremont / Dalibor Talajic
- Mojo #1 – Scott Auckerman / Nick Bradshaw
- Mystique #1 – Seanan McGuire / Marco Failla
- Juggernaut #1 – Robbie Thompson / Shawn Crystal
- Emma Frost #1 – Leah Williams / Chris Bachalo